This is an “on the fence” kind of year, isn’t it? It feels like we’re all in this weird state of limbo, just waiting for everything to go back to normal. I get it. Let me ask you this… Do any of these statements describe you?
- You were considering a sale in 2020, prior to the pandemic, but haven’t done it yet.
- You started considering a sale now that you are spending more time at home. Need more space, a home office, aroom for your kids to play or do school work, or maybe more outdoor space? (You aren’t alone here!)
- You are hearing about current market conditions and starting to consider a sale in order to jump on the opportunity.
This episode is for you! When I went live on Facebook this week, I discussed the 5 things that you need to know if you are considering a sale or are on the fence. Not only did I go into each of these 5 things, I took you into the MLS with me so that you could see the reality of our housing shortage, pricing, and time on the market data.
Watch the video for the full details, but here’s a brief description of the 5 things that you need to know.
- Competition – There isn’t any… I mean it. If you want to go on the market with little to one competing against you, now is the time to list. Watch the video to see live MLS data to back this up.
- Price & Time On The Market – With no competition, prices are STRONG and the time on the market is shorter than I have ever seen in my career.
- Covid Procedures & Precautions – It may not be the right time for everyone. I get that and I support your decision 100%. If you decide it is the right time, I have created strong policies and procedures to help to minimize the risk. In the video I talk about not allowing overlapping showings, providing protective gear, limiting showing parties, and reducing unnecessary showings.
- Interest Rates – WOW. Really… Hearing “historic lows” is something we’re kind of getting used to because rates have been pretty low for a few years now. BUT, I have never seen them as low as they have been over the last few weeks. If you want to see what rate you qualify for, let me know and I’ll connect you with a great lender. Low interest rates equal more buyers that are qualified to buy your home. It also means that you can buy more home for less money after you sell. It may be the perfect time to take advantage of market conditions on both ends of the deal!
- The opportunity – No competition, strong prices, extremely low average “on market” times, and unbelievably low interest rates. It’s like the perfect real estate storm. Is it the right time for you? Regardless of the answer, its the perfect time to analyze the options. You may be surprised at what you learn about your specific home. Call me to get an EQUITY Report on your home (totally free & and no visit needed.)
Call or Text me at 240-587-1687 to discuss your moving plans!
Whether you are ready to sell, just starting to consider it or still on the fence, call me to talk through your situation and come up with a plan that works for you!