1 Calvert Marine Museum: This is by far one of our Southern Maryland Favs! The Calvert Marine Museum is a great place for everyone! On a rainy day, there are plenty of things to keep the whole family busy for hours.
- Visit the Southern Maryland History Exhibits
- Stroll through the aquarium
- Watch the Sea Otters play
- Hold a turtle, feel a star fish and watch the sting rays take their morning snack
- Enjoy the kids room complete with a dress up area and a sand pit where they can hunt for sharks teeth
- When the weather clears, take a stroll along the marsh walk and view the historic boat collection and workshop
- Jump aboard the Tennison for a tour around Solomons Island
- Tour the Historic Drum Point Lighthouse
- Check out the calendar to view all of the special events and exhibits that they offer throughout the year.
- If you have little ones, you don’t want to miss their Little Minnows and Sea Squirts program!
- Don’t forget to check out membership options! We’ve been members for 4 years and love it!
2 AnnMarie Gardens: Gardens…on a rainy day? That’s right! This special place has a hidden gem tucked away inside the main building. Consisting of only recycled items, you’ll find buckets upon buckets of… junk. Junk to play with and create awesome crafts! Get ready to get a little messy and a lot crafty in their craft corner. The fun doesn’t stop when the weather clears up. Enjoy great events such as Mud Day, the Garden of Lights, the Art Fest and so much more. This spot is also great to just swing by for a leisurely stroll through the gardens. There’s so much to do at any time of the year. Some fun things to check out include:
- Craft Room (Art Lab)
- Tons of great events
- Art & Pottery Classes
- Summer Camps
- Venue Rentals
- Walking Trails, Gardens, & Sculptures
3 Patuxent River Naval Air Museum
What child (or parent) doesn’t love airplanes?? This place has indoor displays, model replicas, and simulators. Outside you’ll find a whole yard of retired aircraft that you can walk up to, look inside, and touch. This is a good one that you don’t want to miss out on.
4 Prince Frederick Edward T. Hall Aquatics Center
If you love to swim year round, you are in LUCK! This beautiful facility offers year round indoor swimming for the whole family. They offer a competition pool with swimming lanes, a therapeutic pool, and a Children’s pool complete with slides and toys. You can even host small parties in a private room.
5 Pump It Up
A Bouncy house zone like you’ve never seen before! This place will keep your kids busy and wear them OUT! :-). It’s located in Waldorf and I have never found a kid that didn’t absolutely love it. Enjoy it during open play time or host a birthday party in one of their party rooms. You’ll love Pump It Up!
6 A Movie & Popcorn
- Southern Maryland’s newest move theater is RC Theatres, Lexington Exchange. It’s located behind the Aldi in the Lexington Park/California Area.
- If you are closer to Prince Frederick, you’ll enjoy Flagship Cinemas. They have been completely remodeled and I can attest to the fact that the reclining chairs are the most comfortable I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching a movie from! I think you’ll agree!
- Huntingtown – Lord Calvert Bowling: We recently hosted my daughters birthday here and it was a really great time. They have a full menu with lots of kid friendly foods. There are arcade games and plenty of lanes for short (or no) wait times.
- Waldorf – AMF Waldorf Lanes
So this is one of my favorites because it’s just as much fun for adults as it is for kids. There are several areas within the building for all types of activity levels and age groups. If you have little ones, there are designated times during the week for toddlers and small children. There are certain areas sectioned off where they can play safely without worrying about running into big kids and adults. Parents are free to play during this time too! I personally love it and it wears me out as much as it does my kids!
ChristinaWolfrum.com | Copyright© 2019 | All Rights Are Reserved